Vacancy Reference Number: SW0077
Vacancy: Male Support Worker (It is an occupational requirement that males only work with this individual)
Location: Horden, County Durham
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Part time hours over 22.5 also considered)
Closing Date: 6th December 2019
PIPS is a developing company created by Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. We…
- provide quality person centred support that enables people with learning disabilities / behaviour of concern / mental health / autism to live in the community
- have a commitment to supporting people in tenancies and bespoke environments
- know how to support staff to really make a difference in people’s lives
- have a focus on developing leadership and a commitment to providing extensive training
- bring the best of health and social care together
Be part of this new company and this great new opportunity from the start.
- We are recruiting in the Horden area for 5 self-contained flats supporting a gentleman with a learning disabilities, autism and mental health concerns.
The role is:
- To support a gentleman moving from long stag hospital to live in his own tenancy, within a fully self-contained flat. The role will entail supporting the individual to manage his own tenancy and provide person centred active support over a 24 hour period with the aim of enabling the individual to develop independent living skills. You will need to work effectively as part of a core team of staff. Have experience in supporting individuals with a learning disability, autism, behaviour that challenges and demonstrate a degree of resilience. Shift pattern will cover a 24 hour period and will include early and late shifts, long days, nights, waking night shifts and sleep overs.
This is a great opportunity to provide truly person centred support to this service user group.
We are looking for someone who –
- Enjoys communicating with others.
- Has a positive ‘can do approach’.
- Is person centred and creative.
- Can provide 24 hour support across the year.
Ideally you will have experience supporting people with learning disabilities who have complex needs and the diploma in health and social care level 3 or a willingness to work toward.
We would welcome informal enquiries, contact David Stevens or Angela Tudball on 0330 355 7477, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Advert Closes: 6th December 2019
Please return the Monitoring Information Sheet with your completed Application Form to email@example.com
Positive Individual Proactive Support Limited collects information or data about you when you complete our application form either in downloadable format or online applications, for more information on our Privacy Notice click here.
Application Process Supporting Information (PDF- 307KB)