Vacancy Reference Number: DTM/0010
Location: Normanby, Middlesbrough
Hours: 37.5 (or 30 hours also considered)
Closing Date: 7th December 2017
PIPS is a new company created by Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. We…
- provide quality person centred support that enables people with complex needs / behaviour of concern / mental health / autism to live in the community
- have a commitment to supporting people in bespoke environments
- know how to support staff to really make a difference in people’s lives, providing support and extensive training.
Do you have what it takes to support a young person grow, develop and get the most out of life?
You will be part of this new service and part of a team of staff providing 24-hour support to a young person who requires enhanced support to help her cope with autism and the difficult events in life she has experienced.
Young Persons One Page Profile –
What do people like and admire about me?
- Sense of humour
What is important to me?
- Spending time with my family
- Spending time doing the things that I enjoy –
- The outdoors
- Working and playing with computers
- Monitoring the Weather
- Listening to chart and rock music
- Playing with gadgets
- Not being labelled as someone with autism
How best to support me?
- You need to know my support plan and be consistent
- I need structure and a plan of the day / week
- You will need to share some of my interests
- Become aggressive
- Try to harm myself
- Put myself in dangerous situations
- Treat me with respect!
We are looking for individuals to support the team manager to set up this new service and lead a staff team to provide high quality support that makes a difference.
You will need to have two years experience of working with people with learning disabilities and/or mental health needs, an RNLD or Social Work Qualification or you have a foundation degree in Health and Social Care or a Level 4 Diploma Registered Manager Qualification in Health and Social Care and a natural aptitude to leadership and experience of using positive behavioural approaches.
We would welcome informal enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact Derek Benn (Operational Director) on (01642) 715365
Advert Closes: 7th December 2017
Shortlisting: 8th December 2017
Please return the Monitoring Information Sheet with your completed Application Form to email@example.com
Application Process Supporting Information (PDF- 307KB)