We make sure we provide a great service by:
- Recruiting the right people based on PIPS values, the people who use the service will be involved in the recruitment of staff.
- Our Key Performance Indicators reflect the positive outcomes expected in people’s lives to live an inclusive valued life within the community.
- We will use trained quality checkers, supported by an outside agency to check our services against the 7 keys to citizenship model.
- We will get feedback from the people who use our services using questionnaires and a monthly meetings.
What is good support?
PIPS worked closely with the service user reference group part of Tees Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust learning disability service, which is supported by Skills for People.
The reference group gave their perspective of what quality support meant to them:
- I know that they are really listening to me
- They don’t rush me – they go at my pace
- They help me to make choices
- They find out about me
- They don’t treat me like a naughty child
- They try to understand what I do and why I do it
- Treat me with respect
- Takes the trouble to explain things properly
- Treat me the way they would want to be treated
- Be able to explain things in the way I need – using things like pictures
- Be happy not to be the boss
- I want to be able to say if I’m not happy about something and for you to take it on board without getting huffy
- I want to feel that you want to do the job and you like doing it
- When I need comfort, you’ll give it
- Be able to think about things …………
- I want to feel safe with you
- Keep calm in a crisis