Vacancy Reference Number: SSW0043
Post: Senior Support Worker Location: Stockton-on-Tees Hours: Part Time and Full Time
Salary: £9.20 per hour (rising to £9.50 in November 2018) Closing Date: 19th October 2018
You will need to be:
- Be person centred, caring, compassionate, understanding, demonstrate competence, be courageous and speak up if you have any concerns, have personal strength and vision to innovate and embrace new ways of working, demonstrate commitment.
- Have a genuine desire and participate in supporting the individual with their interests and hobbies. These may include shopping, listening to music, reading, accessing You Tube, going swimming, having lunch out, outings in the car, walking and spending time with his family.
- Be active and receptive to his sensory needs.
- Continue to explore and introduce new community based activities, provide support to maintain relationships and work directly with family and other agencies.
- Assist the individual to plan their future, acknowledging their likes and dislikes, enabling them to reach their full potential and make decisions to fulfil their hopes and dreams.
- Support the individual to complete their normal daily living tasks including personal care.
- Administering and monitoring medication including side effects and effectively seeking advice if required.
- Record daily notes and be part of planning, implementing and evaluating support plans.
- Effectively work with of Multi-Disciplinary Team as required.
- Remain calm and patient at times when situations may be challenging. You will adhere to and follow detailed positive behaviour support plans, monitoring and reviewing data related to behaviour.
You will possess numeracy and literacy skills and have a willingness to work towards and NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care. You will be fully conversant in and work fulfilling the PIPS values and ethos. You will have a natural aptitude to leadership and supervision. A current driving licence would be an advantage however, is not a requirement.
PIPS are a new company created by Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. The aim being to bring the best of health and social care together. We provide quality person centred support that enables people with complex needs / behaviour that challenges / mental health / autism to live in the community. We have a commitment to supporting people in tenancies and bespoke environments and to remain in their own homes. We know how to support staff to really make a difference in people’s lives and we have a focus on developing leadership and a commitment to providing extensive training. You can be part of this new company and this great new opportunity from the start.
PIPS have an exciting development which is opening in the Stockton area creating 6 self-contained flats for people with a learning disability, mental health needs and autism who may present with behaviours of concern.
We have a major recruitment plan requiring staff members to support one of the individuals
The Role is:
To support the individual in their own tenancy, within a self-contained flat by using a person-centred approach, following a timetable of therapeutic tailored activities over a 24 hour period.
Work effectively as part of a core team to support the individual to manage and maintain their wellbeing during difficult and challenging situations.
Shift patterns cover a 24-hour period, e.g. long days, shorts days, early, late shifts, nights and sleepovers.
Advert Closes: 19th October 2018 Shortlisting: 22nd October 2018 Interviews: TBC
We welcome informal enquiries, please contact Karen Harkin (Registered Team Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org on 0330 355 7477 for an informal chat.
Please return the Monitoring Information Sheet with your completed Application Form to email@example.com
Positive Individual Proactive Support Limited collects information or data about you when you complete our application form either in downloadable format or online applications, for more information on our Privacy Notice click here.
Application Form (MS Word 253KB)
Senior Support Worker Job Description and Person Specification (PDF – 332 KB)
Application Process Supporting Information (PDF- 307KB)
Monitoring Information Sheet (MS Word – 132KB)