Vacancy Reference Number: SSW0063
Post: Senior Support Worker Location: Stockton-on-Tees Hours: Part Time and Full Time
Salary: £10.30 Closing Date: 25th May 2020
You will need to be:
- Be person centred, caring, compassionate, understanding, demonstrate competence, be courageous and speak up if you have any concerns, have personal strength and vision to innovate and embrace new ways of working, demonstrate commitment.
- Be confident and engaging in your approach so that the individuals feels comfortable and motivated.
- Have a genuine desire and participate in supporting the individual with their interests and hobbies. These may include listening to music, accessing technology, keeping their house clean and tidy and support the individual to access the local community.
- Be active and receptive to his sensory needs.
- Continue to explore and introduce new community based activities, provide support to maintain relationships.
- Assist the individual to plan their future, using appropriate techniques which are suitable to the individual’s needs, acknowledging their likes and dislikes, enabling them to reach their full potential and make decisions to fulfil their hopes and dreams.
- Support the individual to complete their normal daily living tasks and maintain already achieved skills.
- Administering and monitoring medication including side effects and effectively seeking advice if required.
- Record daily notes and be part of planning, implementing and evaluating support plans.
- Complete monthly auditing and report back to your deputy team manager.
- Effectively work with of Multi-Disciplinary Team as required.
- Remain calm and patient at times when situations may be challenging. You will adhere to and follow detailed positive behaviour support plans, monitoring and reviewing data related to behaviour.
- Able to drive and hold a full driving licence.
You will possess numeracy and literacy skills and have a willingness to work towards and NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care. You will be fully conversant in and work fulfilling the PIPS values and ethos. A current driving licence would be an advantage however, is not a requirement.
PIPS are a new company created by Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. The aim being to bring the best of health and social care together. We provide quality person centred support that enables people with complex needs / behaviour that challenges / mental health / autism to live in the community. We have a commitment to supporting people in tenancies and bespoke environments and to remain in their own homes. We know how to support staff to really make a difference in people’s lives and we have a focus on developing leadership and a commitment to providing extensive training. You can be part of this new company and this great new opportunity from the start.
PIPS have an exciting development which is opening in the Stockton area creating 6 self-contained flats for people with a learning disability, mental health needs and autism who may present with behaviours of concern.
The Role is:
To support the individual in their own tenancy, using a person-centred approach, following a timetable of therapeutic tailored activities over a 24 hour period.
Work effectively as part of a core team to support the individual to manage and maintain their wellbeing, while promoting independence.
Shift patterns cover a 24-hour period and will include long days and nights.
Advert Closes: 25th May 2020 Shortlisting: TBC Interviews: TBC
We welcome informal enquiries, please contact Karen Harkin (Team Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org on 0330 355 7477 for an informal chat.
Please return the Monitoring Information Sheet with your completed Application Form to email@example.com
Application Form (MS Word 253KB)
Support Worker Job Description and Person Specification (PDF – 332 KB)
Application Process Supporting Information (PDF- 307KB)
Monitoring Information Sheet (MS Word – 132KB)