Vacancy Reference Number: SSW0053
Vacancy: Male Senior Support Worker (It is an occupational requirement that Males work directly with this individual)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Part time hours over 22.5 also considered)
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Closing Date: 25th January 2019
PIPS is a new company created by Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. We…
provide quality person centred support that enables people with learning disabilities / behaviour of concern / mental health / autism to live in the community have a commitment to supporting people in bespoke environments
know how to support staff to really make a difference in people’s lives, providing support and extensive training.
Do you have what it takes to support a young person gentleman, develop and get the most out of life?
You will be part of this new service and part of a team of staff providing 24-hour support to a young gentleman who requires enhanced support to help him cope with autism and develop those daily living skills to live successfully within the community.
To provide the right amount of support at the right time to enable them to maintain and develop skills. You will be required to:
- Communicate effectively with the ability to adjust your interaction style as required.
- Actively engage and involve the person’s family, members of their core team and professionals to enable the individual to have the best outcome in life.
- Proactively engage and get to know the individual to prevent and reduce situations that may lead to changes in mood resulting in them putting themselves at risk.
- Be warm, empathic, creative and energetic with the ability to adjust your presentation to lower the stimulus as required.
- Have good observation skills, the ability to plan ahead, be able to maintain consistency and continuity and follow the individual’s support plan.
- Maintain a good standard of record keeping.
- Be self aware, to utilise supervision for support and guidance and have the ability to reflect on the support you provide.
- Maintain the person’s privacy and dignity at all times.
- Manage medication, safe storage, monitor side effects and to effectively seek advice.
- Possess numeracy and literacy at level 2
- Has a natural aptitude to leadership and experience of using positive behavioural approaches.
We are looking for people with the right values and attitude. Within this role you will be responsible for leading support whilst on duty, supervision of support workers and administration of medication. Level 3 in Health and Social Care is essential. We would welcome informal enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact Andrew Parkes (Registered Team Manager) on 07342997446
Advert Closes: 25th January 2019
Shortlisting: 28th January 2019
Please return the Monitoring Information Sheet with your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org