Vacancy Reference Number: SW0074
Post: Support Worker
Location: Normanby, Middlesbrough
Hours: Full Time and Part Time
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Closing Date: 22nd November 2019
PIPS is a developing company created by Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust. We…
- provide quality persons centred support that enables people with complex needs / behaviour of concern / mental health / autism to live in the community
- have a commitment to supporting people in bespoke environments
- know how to support staff to really make a difference in people’s lives, providing support and extensive training.
Do you have what it takes to support a young person grow, develop and get the most out of life?
You will be part of this new service and part of a team of staff providing 24-hour support to a young person who requires enhanced support to help her cope with autism and the difficult events in life she has experienced.
Young Persons One Page Profile –
What do people like and admire about me?
- Sense of humour
What is important to me?
- Spending time with my family
- Spending time doing the things that I enjoy –
- The outdoors
- Working and playing with computers
- Monitoring the Weather
- Listening to chart and rock music
- Playing with gadgets
- Not being labelled as someone with autism
How best to support me?
- You need to know my support plan and be consistent
- I need structure and a plan of the day / week
- You will need to share some of my interests
- You will need to keep calm under pressure, when I –
- Become aggressive
- Try to harm myself
- Put myself in dangerous situations
- Treat me with respect!
We are looking for people with the right values and attitude, experience supporting people is not essential as we provide extensive training and supervision. We would welcome informal enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact Nikki Swales (Team Manager) on 0330 355 7477
Please return the Monitoring Information Sheet with your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Process Supporting Information (PDF- 307KB)